Monday, November 01, 2010

All Saints Day

It's All Saints Day and it's a holiday. I like it when there's no traffic and the streets are not busy. It's drizzling when I left earlier to attend a week day mass in Quiapo Church. The travel time is only 30 minutes would you believe it? How I wish everyday's a holiday and the weather is humid so everyone's relaxed. I still get confused with November 1st as All Souls Day and the 2nd for All Saints for some reason. 

It's my first time to see an "e-burol" or electronic burol (wake) I saw this while watching the news on ABS CBN years ago. I just happened to remember maybe because it's All Saints Day. "E-Burol" was introduced by the St. Peter Memorial Chapels. It's an online viewing facility geared towards overseas Filipino workers who face problems on finances and proximity. Let's say an OFW family member dies and can't go home due to financial constraints, they can view the burial online 24 hours provided that they have Internet access from where they are just by simply logging on to St. Peter's website so it's like being in the wake too. When I first heard about e-burol from an officemate I thought it's kind of freaky. I mean seriously? So anything is possible nowadays because of technology? I think it'll be really beneficial not just to OFWs but also to families who are in the province who cannot travel to their far away loved ones to attend another family member/relative's wake. Although technology cannot replace the presence of a loved one but e-burol is quite practical. 

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...