Sunday, January 29, 2006

ULTRAELECTROMAGNETIC JAM


I've always been an e-heads fan. When the news broke out about a tribute album for the fab four I got really excited.



I don't know, maybe I've been expecting too much I was disappointed when I saw the line up of bands and artists on the album I had second thoughts whether to buy it or not. Save for Imago, Orange and Lemons, MYMP and Isha who brought their covers to a whole new level. I just think that not all bands in there that are deserving to be part of the album. Some of the bands in the album are just popular but not apt to sing e-heads songs.


The last time I went to Odyssey in Megamall, the cd costs Php280 only but today I bought it for Php300 from Radio City but no big deal since I've always been supportive of Pinoy artists regardless if they're indie or mainstream so I didn't mind at all.


The album has 17 tracks. I fell in love with Imago's version of Spolarium instantly. These guys never fail to amuse me. I think "Overdrive" is better sung by Aia than Barbie Almalbis. I'm a fan of Barbie but that song is just not right for her.


To wrap things up Ultraelectromagnetic Jam is a good album to add to your collection especially if you like to reminisce on e-heads popular tunes. If you just can't get enough of e-heads songs this is a must-have.






No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...