Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Cable Signal Problems + The Myth of the Human Body Exhibit in Taguig

It's a rainy-gloomy Tuesday morning. It's All Souls Day but it's no holiday for me because I have shift at work. Holiday or not I still come to work I just care about holiday pay. When I was a kid I get excited about the holidays because there's no class. 


I woke up early so it wouldn't be difficult for me to sleep later since I've been off from work for five days and almost getting used to normal night sleep. Sad to say I'm back to being a vampire again. I'm going back to work whether I like or not. Yesterday was my interim off and tonight is the start of an earlier shift from 9:30 PM to 7 AM. At least I can go home before sunrise, great. 



Our cable lost signal again. An error popped up on the TV screen saying "e06 smart card failure." Every time I see this error on our TV I tell my sister if we can only buy that darn smart card I'll just buy that just to make it stop. I think we need to change our cable provider this is such an inconvenience, it's not funny anymore. Since our cable provider digitalized their system we've nothing but problems. I love the crystal clear reception with the help of our digital box but I'm not happy with frequent signal interruptions it's getting annoying especially when you're in the middle of watching something important. Poor customers like us can complain as much as we want but albeit that a big cable provider like them can't be shut down. I guess we're stuck with what we have. Actually, we've already switched providers before the one we had is far worse than this. What can I say? A song goes I'm just a small voice.

The Neobabylon Building


Let me talk about this interesting exhibit I saw in the news last night called the Myth of the Human Body. The exhibit opened on October 15, 2010, at the Neobabylon Building along Bayani Road in Taguig city and housed donated bodies transformed into art forms. Pretty scary right? I know, they're just wax-like figures but they're still cadavers so the thought of getting locked up in a museum like that gives me goosebumps. Kinda freaky and disturbing at the same time but I find it interesting because those are real bodies and parts I'm sure that it's truly a painstaking task to put them all together. I read from Jessica Soho's post on Facebook that the entrance fee up to date is Php 350 but I'm sure it's worth a try especially if you're up for something educational and far out at the same time. I'll check out with sissy if she'll be interested since it's a once in a lifetime experience. The "Myth of the Human Body" exhibit will be in the country until April of next year. For more information read the article from www.gmanews.tv.





No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...