Thursday, May 07, 2009

Post Op

I was on birthday vacation in Baguio when my dad got hospitalized due to an ear infection. He started complaining of severe headache he couldn't sleep anymore. My parents decided to travel to Antipolo for the second opinion if it was just mere ear infection. He was confined at Marikina Valley Hospital with the help of his brother whose daughter works there as a nurse. As per the doctor's advise, dad has to undergo an operation but they lack facilities for his so he was referred to UERM Hospital. Thank God dad survived another operation, this has been his fourth operation since 2000. 


I was really frantic at work during his operation that lasted four hours according to my sister who's with him. I only get updates via text messages from her. I hurried home after my shift so I won't miss my brother who came to me fetch at the apartment to accompany me to the hospital to check on dad. I felt pity for seeing my dad looking so weak. I'd help him get up whenever he needs to go to the restroom. 



I haven't been sleeping good because I'm still worried about my dad's post-operation condition. His blood glucose is very unstable and is still being closely monitored by his doctor. He's still on medication and advised to follow a strict diet since he's diabetic so it will take a while for his wound to heal completely. I've been doing self-research on regarding his condition to educate myself. I want to completely understand his condition and possible complications that may arise. I hope and pray that my dad will get better soon.




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...