Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tracy Bonham Rocks

I am so into Tracy Bonham lately. After seeing her music videos on Youtube and her live performance of "Mother, Mother" at the 3rd and Lindley,  I was addicted to her music. I didn't know of any other song from her. I wouldn't have known that she exist hadn't NU107 played her song. NU107 is the only radio station that play songs from indie musicians back then. I'm also not aware that Tracy Bonham plays the violin. I enjoy listening to her music, her songwriting is straightforward and honest. Female musicians like Ani Difranco, Poe, Meryn Cadell and Lisa Loeb fascinates me. Her bio says she started singing at the age of 5. Started playing the violin at 9 and the piano at age 14. Tracy gave up her full violin scholarship at the University of Southern California to study voice at the Berklee College of Music and that's when she started writing her own songs on the guitar. Her first major label debut album "Burdens of Being Upright" released in 1996 went gold. The track "Mother, Mother" was a big part of it's success. 


Music is definitely her passion, I thought it was mine too because when I was younger I thought about taking up music college, believe it or not I changed my mind I realized it's not for me.


For more of Tracy Bonham's music, visit her official website @ www.tracybonham.com

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...