Monday, August 02, 2010

Chill Time


I'm so back. I haven't been writing because I just got back from vacation last Tuesday. It was for my mom's 64th birthday that's why I went on vacation to visit her. The original plan was a trip to our coconut farm in Quezon since I haven't been there but the rainy season is up it wouldn't be a good idea to go there. When it rains, the mud gets very thick and we have to pass by rough roads so my parents suggested for me to just spend my leave at our vacation home in Baguio. I enjoyed my stay in Baguio because mom and I were able to spend quality time together. My dad and elder brother were not there during my stay they have to attend the wake and burial of one of our relatives. On Sunday, Mom and I heard mass at Baguio cathedral. I didn't understand anything through the mass was in Ilocano so I just prayed in silence. We went to Session Road fronting Prime Hotel afterwards to shop for Ukay-Ukay. I bought myself some real cool shirts and a messenger bag. Mom got herself pretty blouses too. 



Bibingka Ilocos
Time to go home and while waiting for the Victory bus to leave, a lady hopped in selling Bibingka Ilocos. Mom bought five pieces I love its taste, It's so good it's different from other bibingka I've tasted before. When we got home, mom cooked "spaghetti" as her early birthday treat because I'll be leaving for Manila on Tuesday, her birthday. I just stayed home the following day to help mom out with her chores and I know it's not a lot but I gave our dogs a bath hehe. I guess we haven't had enough of ukay-ukay so mom and I went back to town. She suggested we check out Lola's (grandmother) Ukayan for a change located at the basement of one of the establishments near Prime Hotel. My mom calls the older lady owner of the store Lola. We are her frequent customers or Suki. Every time we visit Baguio we drop by her store even though her ukay-ukay is more expensive compared to other stalls in Session but she gives good discount sometimes. In the afternoon I checked out mom's new videoke machine. I noticed that there are new songs I found myself singing to some familiar songs that I like. I had a real good sleep at night I miss the cold and I love mom's comforters.


Ukay-ukay finds


Time to go back to Manila the next day. I'm back to the world again. Darn.


***


Back to work, same old thing. I wish I can go on leave for a month so I can get away from unresolved issues at work I'm too old for such. As usual, half of my shift is queueing as always, so when avail comes I kill time browsing anything. While checking out foodstuff I came across this real cool and interesting call center blog site it's so full of things I can relate too that I decided to share the URL to my friend and we read it together during our long avail time. I bookmarked the URL on my home computer and had my sister read on and she enjoyed it too so I thought I'd share this blog site http://callcentercon.travellerspoint.com.


Lastly, I super love my new haircut and color but I miss my deep red hair. 




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...