Monday, July 12, 2010

Mami Madness

It's my interim off today so to burn carbs I did some cleaning while re-arranging our furnitures to bring back the old look of our room. Love the fresh air! I guess I'm just bored so instead of slacking off I did other stuff to make the most of my rest day. I had my nails done, did some laundry and ironing too, how's that? 



Ma Mon Luk's infamous
Mami and Siopao
Yesterday, my twin sister and I along with our elder sister and teenage niece heard mass in Quiapo church. We ate lunch at Ma Mon Luk Restaurant just a few minutes away from the church. My sister said this restaurant is our dad's favorite place and that he used to take us there when we were kids because they have the best Mami and Siopao in town. Our dad also loves their Lomi. My twin and I were only five years old back then according to my sister so just imagine how old this restaurant is now it brings back the memories of Quiapo which is my birthplace. I don't recall the taste of their mami and siopao anymore since I was too young to remember but upon tasting it I realized that there's nothing like their mami and siopao it's worth coming back to. Ma Mon Luk's mami and siopao have its distinct taste that you won't find in any other Chinese restaurants, It's flavorful and tasty. A bowl of mami is enough to keep you full for a day. Their siopao is soft and fluffy and definitely way better than Chowking's siopao. I hope that Ma Mon Luk's legacy will pass on from one generation to the next because it takes a real good flavor to withstand the tough competition out there. 



No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...