Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When In Baguio

Tuesday. 08.31.10


I just got home earlier. Twin sissy and I spent our leave in Baguio. I did not bring my laptop with me so I am not able to update my blog for a week so but I'll try to remember what happened during my short yet relaxing vacation in the summer capital, Baguio City.


Sunday. 08.29.10


It's been raining a lot here in Baguio since we arrived yesterday afternoon via Dagupan bus. I slept soundly last night because mom's comforter is the best! Sissy and I have to wake up early not to miss the 7AM mass at the Pink Sisters Convent. Our brother drove us to church we arrived 15 minutes before the first mass starts. It's our first time at the Pink Sisters I must say that it's a lot solemn to hear mass there compared to Baguio Cathedral. This church isn't spacious enough to accommodate many people so it's not crowded at all. It's really quiet there I can hear what the priest is saying clearly during the mass. It started raining after the mass so we're unable to take pictures outside. Dad and brother went ahead so mom and the two of us head over to "Cafe by the Ruins" for breakfast. I thought I'd have something exquisite to drink so instead of having coffee I chose this "mint tea" something from the menu and had the shock of my life when the waiter served me a glassful of hot water with what I suppose is mint leaves and a small cup full of honey to taste. To be honest, I didn't like my tea at all it tastes like toothpaste dissolved in water or something it's a little weird for me. I ordered the beef sandwich that got me even more disappointed because the bread is very hard to chew and the filling isn't generous nor tasteful enough. Cafe by the Ruins looked pretty enticing from the outside but the food is no winner to me or maybe I'm just expecting too much? Whatever, I'm not a happy camper so to speak. The weather is still not very cooperative so we went home after buying Ukay shirts from a stall fronting Prime Hotel. Let's hope that tomorrow's a better day.


Monday. 08.31.10
National Heroes Day


Oh, It's a holiday and another rainy day. Our first itinerary for the day is supposedly a trip to Bencab Museum we forgot about it yesterday for but according to the website they're closed on Mondays. Nevertheless, sissy and I never lose hope we didn't stop scouring session road in search of authentic-artsy places. Few days before my leave I breezed through some food blogs on the Internet and when I come across this vegetarian resto/art gallery called Oh My Gulay, located at the top floor of La Azotea building along Session Road. We got excited when we take a peek inside OMG, it's an art jungle in the amidst the city. A cozy atmosphere greeted us. We got a little intimidated by the place at first because we arrived early we didn't see anyone taking pictures so we chose a spot where we can take pictures discreetly. It's lunch time so we told ourselves that we'll worry about taking pictures later we better check out what's on the menu first. For our main dish, it's twin sissy's pick she chose Lumpia Salad. This salad lingered on our tastebuds, the vinaigrette dressing is so good we loved it. Then comes dessert my pick is called super sosy. Don't be fooled it's not like sosyal (fancy) at all, it's just the name. The yummy crepe is made of mango and peach it's not too sweet, just perfect for our diet. 


The rain poured heavily after we had our fill and more customers started coming in so when we saw them taking pictures of the place we wasted no time and did the same thing. We had a real good OMG experience. It's still raining when we got home. We had spaghetti and double dutch ice cream for merienda. We thought we've had enough until dinner and will not eat anymore but mom cooked our favorite dish Tokwa't Baboy (tofu and pork) so we had no choice but to eat again, I'm so stuffed. 




I guess that pretty much is everything.

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...