Friday, September 10, 2010

Restless Rest Day

It's the second day of my interim off I don't want to be stuck at home yesterday so I met up with my elder sister at Robinson's Place Metro East to give her something important it was real quick we never had a chance to talk. Not to waste time since I haven't been to that mall for the longest time and I'm still feeling a little tired I decided to stroll around to see if I'll find any cool pouch bag but to no avail. I checked out Sta. Lucia Mall just beside this mall but I didn't find anything there that interest me either, too bad.



Commuting from Mandaluyong to Marcos Highway isn't very convenient for me anymore because it's going the opposite direction from where I live now. When my family still live near Antipolo Cathedral everything is pretty accessible. Jeepney and TX terminals are literally just a few steps away from our house but things changed through the years our main house is no longer a residential space it became a ladies boarding house/commercial space. My parents and brother are now residing in Baguio they come down occasionally if dad has some business to take care of in Manila or if he needs to check on my other siblings living in our house along Sumulong highway. I think if I have my own car things would be a lot easier.




I'm supposed to spend my rest day Sumulong to see my 2-year old niece and personally give her the cake I promised but my sister's got sore eyes again. I don't know how many times she had that sore eyes since she was a kid. She's very prone to catch all sorts of airborne viruses for some weird reason so I can't stay there. 




Before going home to the apartment that my twin sister and I are renting, I dropped by at SM Megamall and finally found myself a cute pouch bag in Bench, at last. I'm starving I thought I'd try the food at this new Japanese restaurant called Karate Kid where Ohana, the Hawaiian barbeque restaurant stood before. I loved Ohana's "BBQ porkchop" when they're still there, it tastes so darn good too bad they're gone too soon.


I ordered Karate Kid's "Japanese creamy chicken pasta" and I enjoyed it. The creamy part is good, the carbonara sauce has a good texture and the portion is not too big nor small for my appetite it's almost perfect except on the chicken part I noticed that they're not generous enough with chicken pops but it's not too big of a deal the taste compensated for it. I so love their iced punch tea I regret not having the bottomless option it left me wanting for more, sigh. If you're craving for Japanese food and want something more affordable than Tokyo Tokyo I suggest you try Karate Kid just for kicks, the food is just as good.


I did some laundry, had my nails done and last but not the least, movie marathon. Thanks to my friend who gave me two disks of movies I haven't downloaded yet. My favorite so far is My Sister's Keeper from the director of The Notebook Nick Cassavetes. This is a real good movie I bet even if you have a heart hard as a rock it'll soften and leave you mellow, in a good way. For the movie's synopsis, click here. By the way, Kate's (Anna's elder sister) boyfriend Taylor portrayed by Thomas Dekker, is a cutie despite his baldness and lack of eyebrows I kinda liked his character. I didn't know of his existence as an actor and that he even starred in movies like "Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) and From Within (2008) hadn't I watched this movie. Btw, I checked out the trailer of "From Within" I find it interesting I'm going to download it later.


I guess that's it for now.




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...