Saturday, August 13, 2005

RealiTV

I was in high spirits when I got home this morning despite no sleep. I've been awake for more than 24 hours now but it's a Saturday, I want a normal life. After Sunday, things turn upside-down again. 


I'm glad I haven't missed any episode of Rockstar INXS yet. I'm not into reality TV shows until I got addicted to watching "Survivor." The show's overwhelming success paved way for other realiTV shows.



Rockstar INXS is no different from American Idol, it follows a similar pattern. Every week each contender will be evaluated after his/her performance and one (or two) unlucky rocker gets voted off based on viewers votes or not so good performance. I browsed Rockstar INXS on CBS' website and saw each of the remaining contenders' profiles and noticed that most of them have been singing professionally or making a living out of it I supposed this whole rockstar stardom thing is just sort of exposure. 


I really don't care much about the idea of finding a new frontman/woman for INXS since I'm not really a big fan of the band but I respect them. What I like about the show is that every week they make their own version or cover songs from classic rock artists like "Jefferson Airplane", "Janis Joplin", "AC DC" to "Natalie Merchant", "Nirvana", "Foo Fighters," etc. These are just some of the artists I grew up with and enjoy listening to. I 'm just a little curious how come they didn't come up with a realiTV show on forming a new rock band instead of finding a new vocalist for an existing band? I just can't imagine a young vocalist for INXS but who knows what they're up to. Kinda strange but I'm enjoying the show anyway, just saying.








No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...