Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome Year of the Ox

Media Noche food
Happy New Year! Today is the first day of the year of the Ox also known as "Ji Chou" in the Chinese calendar. 


Everyone's still fast asleep after having a blast last night. This is the first time that my sister and I welcomed the new year together in Shaw. It was really awesome being able to watch the fireworks display. I was in awe seeing beautiful lights, the sky was filled with different colors. Everything was so magical how I wish I could freeze that moment. 


We had Penne al Pesto, pizza and Mango float for dessert for Media Noche. The food was great but it's nothing compared to the joy of spending the holidays with family. 


My sister said that her new year's resolution is to start saving this year so I'll see if she can keep up with that. As for me, I'll continue saving for the rainy days.



No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...