Friday, May 06, 2016

Cast Your Vote



It's 2 days to go before the 2016 Presidential Election I'm getting really curious and anxious at the same time as to who will be the country's next president.


It's been over a decade since I last had that blue ink on my index finger which means that I haven't been practicing my right to vote that long. Guilty as charged, I have my reasons and I'm sure I'm not the only citizen of this country who has not voted that long and I'm not proud of it of course. I guess I just got tired of voting for whom I think will make a difference but in the end, will just leave us all hanging. I think I might have given up way too easily to the point that I don't care anymore. I think I've become someone who doesn't want to take the blame but rather be the one to say "I told you so!" But how are we supposed to know who's better or worst? Politicians are just too good to be true... promises, promises.


They say that politics is "dirty" and our government is corrupt that's why we're not as progressive compared to other southeast Asian countries like Japan, India, etc. but should we blame it all to our leaders alone? My father worked with the government for almost 30 years I still recall during one of our casual conversations as a kid when he said that he decided to have an early retirement because he disliked what was going on around him and he didn't like to feed his family anything that's stolen from the people. I was too young to understand what he meant by what he said back then but as I was growing up I realized that maybe what happened then was too much for him to take that's why he left public service early even if it's obvious that he still enjoys what he was doing which is helping people. I guess there's just too much temptation everywhere so it's just a matter of choice between right or wrong. I just don't understand why doing the right thing still have its consequences. It's like, you did something right but it feels wrong...I don't get it. I know that there's no such thing as a perfect government but I still hope that it's not too late for someone better out there to lead this country.


I also believe that the future of this country lies in the hands of the people, not just its leaders. We can't get things done if we just blame everything on our leaders so I ask for divine providence that our next president/leaders will be the voice of the people. Someone who will make me believe that it's not too late to trust again. 


I may not cast my vote on Monday but that doesn't mean I care less about this country because I do. I know how important and historical every election is since it only happens after 6 years but like I said, I have trust issues with our government and only time will tell when I will have that faith restored.


So, are you rooting for anyone already? Tough huh.



No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...