Saturday, May 28, 2016

Misery No More with Squiggles

It's movie day weekend and I still can't get over one of my best movies of all time. It's been ages since I last saw this movie but I can still watch it over and over again. 

Misery is a 1990 American psychological horror film based on Stephen King's 1987 novel of the same name and starring James CaanKathy BatesLauren BacallRichard Farnsworth, and Frances Sternhagen about a psychotic fan who holds an author captive and forces him to write her stories (Wikipedia). 
Misery, 1990
I've always been a fan of psychological horror films because I like looking through a movie character's behavior. Also, psycho horror films doesn't have predictable endings that's why I find it rather challenging for me. There are no dull moments, every scene is way too intense. My favorite is when Annie started freaking out about Paul's explanation why there's a lot of "swearing" from the characters of his untitled and unreleased new book. Kathy Bates' acting prowess was impeccable she had me believe how a psycho she can be. It's no surprise she won Best Actress in the Academy Awards (now Oscars) and started a cult following after. Annie Wilkes is just hell of a looney and one movie character I will never forget. 

*****

Squiggle gummy worms is LOVE

I've been sneaking on my niece's Squiggle gummy worms that my sister and I bought her as prize for our fish bowl game to practice what she learned in school for English and Math only. Our game mechanics is to pick one question from the fish bowl and for every correct answer she gets 1 Squiggle for English and 2 for Math. She gets to answer 3 questions per day but whenever she's not around, we take some of her Squiggle's since she wouldn't notice it anyway. You can't blame me, it's so yummy I can't help it.




















No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...