Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Gone Viral

First, there was Carrot Man then comes Badjao Girl, Gasoline Boy, Jeepney Man, Good looking security guard and so on. I think anything can pretty much go viral these days. Social media is indeed a phenomenon that has taken the world by storm.


Carrot Man, before and after

DriBae from Tagaytay

Badjao Girl


From food, OOTD, makeup, places, events, etc. anyone can just post anything. I, for instance, manage my own Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. I post/repost something I like but for the most part, I log on to check what's in the news instead of watching TV. I think a lot of people are getting bored with the usual stuff they see that's why whenever there is anything they find interesting, it's all over the Internet the next day.


Is this good or bad?

Good if it will be purposeful. Who would've thought that Carrot Man will become a Boardwalk endorser or Badjao Girl will get a scholarship someday? A simple photo that's gone viral started it all or was it divine intervention? Helping someone unintentionally happens for a reason, it must be God's plan just like what happened a few weeks ago when a video of a student who was verbally abused by a man inside an fx has gone viral and with the help of another passenger who took the video he was put to jail.


What a monster


Bad if it's abused and misused. I don't understand why there are some who use social media just to spread hate or rumors with no basis. I am not in favor of cyberbullying or bashing just to get attention, that's just way too immature and barbaric. 


Social media is here to stay. Let's use it for social good. 




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...