Friday, April 15, 2011

Goodbye Harriet


I received a sad text message from my sister that our oldest dog harriet passed away already. I am somehow prepared that harriet will leave us anytime soon but when the time finally came it's still a bit disappointing. I am thankful that God gave Harriet to us and without her we wouldn't have Jack and Jill. I still recall when harriet gave birth to Jack and Jill I hurriedly travelled from Antipolo to Mandaluyong to see her pups. Mom named Harriet's puppies Jack and Jill, just like the nursery rhyme. Whenever I pay a visit I bring milk or anything to keep them healthy. I get excited everytime I visit Harriet and her pups they're so cute I took they're family picture and kept it in my Photobucket account to make sure I don't lose it. Their picture still make me smile everytime I look at it. 

They say that dogs are "man's bestfriend" but to us our dogs are more than that, they are part of our family. I will surely miss Harriet's presence and her playfulness when I visit our vacation home in Baguio. They say that dogs don't have a soul I'm not sure where they go when they leave their physical body but I hope that she's happy wherever she is now and that "Owi" (her mom) is with her now along with the rest of her family that have died years ago. My sister told me that my brother buried her in our backyard and her cause of death is either due to old age or infection from a scar that she got when one of our adopted dogs "fiona", bit her few days ago.  When I was told that Harried passed away I didn't want know how it happened. She escaped death many times she's so fond of playing with bull frogs when it rains and they're poisonous but no matter how hard my sister tries to keep them away from her she still manage to chase and bite them. She's one hell of a stubborn dog probably because she knows that my sister can fix her everytime she gets poisoned by a bull frog by making her drink sugar and it sure does the trick. I guess Harriet's time has come so as much as i don't want to miss her, I definitely will. 

We lost another wonderful and cheerful dog. Rest in peace Harriet. You will be missed.

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...