Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Missing Home


It's raining here in Sembawang, SG for the first time since we moved in this neighborhood. This is the fourth house we've lived in since we came here in Singapore believe it or not, in less that a month. Sissy and I kind of anticipated that things aren't gonna be easy but it was actually tougher than we thought. 

Finding a place for a long term stay is the biggest challenge that we've encountered so far because everything else, we managed to get by. It's true that nothing here is cheap but you can always find a way to save on your budget. There are cheap accommodations like hostels or room for rent. Pinoysg.com is a good place to start if you want to deal with Pinoy house owners and live with Pinoy housemates. Everything is convenient here in SG. Budget supermarkets are also everywhere, usually near HDB's (government housing). 

I'm getting the hang of life here quite a bit already but still, nothing feels like home. When I was in the Philippines, I can't wait to get out of there I'm getting sick of how slow the way of life is. I hate the traffic, pollution, corruption, high crime rate and all of it's imperfection. Now that I'm here in a foreign land and I can't wait to come home. I miss the food, the smile on people's faces despite adversity and everything that make us who we are. I guess I just need to breathe some fresh air but one thing is for sure, this is a learning experience. One day I'll come home to where I belong.


No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...