Saturday, August 08, 2015

Thinking Out Loud

Twinnie (my twin sister) and I are housekeepers for the time being while our elder sister is away taking care of some things. As I mentioned in my previous blog, our vacation home is 30 minutes away from town so imagine if we ran out of food supplies and our neighbor sari-sari store (thrift shop) is closed then we are left with no choice but to come up with whatever we can munch on. It's like getting stranded in an island the only difference is, we are sorrounded by mountains instead of water. At first I don't understand why twinnie always make sure that we have flour on stock in the kitchen I thought she merely use it for cooking but one fine day she just surprised me with pancakes for snack I was left wondering because we do not have any pancake mix available like the one you buy in supermarkets. 

I have no interest whatsoever in food making or baking. I know how to cook fried or easy food but I'm quite lazy especially if it has something to do with seasoning. I have issues with proper portions and more often than not it end up tasting weird so I just let my sister do all the cooking while I take care of the dishes lol. I have basic knowledge in baking too during our good old highschool days but baking is such a tough craft to master plus the ingredients are quite expensive too compared to just buying finished products from bakeries so why bother?

Just recently, twinnie got herself into baking again not using a large oven but a steaming casserole with holes in it that thing you use to make rice cakes and it did work out pretty well. Since I am the lazy one, I tried the no bake technique with a little help from youtube of course. I made an Oreo Cheesecake using crushed Oreo cookies, creamcheese and condensed milk as ingredients. I mixed equal portions of creamcheese and condensed milk in a mixing bowl, toppled it with mini chocolate morsels and sprinkles then left in the fridge for a few hours. I have sweet cravings from time to time I'm looking forward to learn more of these no bake recipes which is a good cure for boredom too. 

Aside from dessert making, I am busy nursing our senior German shepherd dog "Brandon" we took him to the vet last week due to his infected callous (hygroma) which is common for large breed dogs. He was prescribed with antiobitics and liver supplement and we have to clean his wound for a week using an antiseptic solution given to him as well. Poor dog, he's 10 years old and 70 in dog years so he needs a lot of T.L.C now. Pets are part of our family and they deserve the proper care that they need for protecting us and it's not an easy task too because they shield us from intruders and they also risk their lives by doing that. 

Speaking of pets, Atari the cat, our 2 year old ginger is keeping himself busy sleeping all day in twinnie's bed. He sleeps comfortably in the comforter and doesn't want to be disturbed. I've had several cats since I was a kid but this is our only cat that bites! Yes he does and he does not eat table food, well ocassionally he does eat fried fish but he loves catfood so much he gives an attitude whenever his plate is almost empty and sees that his catfood is running out in the container. He's turned into a big fat cat since we had him spayed as recommended by his vet so he doesn't spend all day wandering outside. 


Since I've been on vacation for almost a month now and I rarely go out unless necessary, I keep my face makeup free and my current discovery is the coconut oil therapy. I was apprehensive to use coconut oil as night cream at first because I have tried beauty creams before even those expensive brands but after a long period of use it is not as effective anymore. I have been using coconut oil as night cream for less than a month and so far I already noticed that my skin is softer. I like how it feels whenever I apply make up, it glides much easily. They say that coconut is the "tree of life" and I totally agree. 


I love makeup. I wear a lot of makeup whether at work or anywhere I go. I feel naked without it but when I'm at home I don't wear make up at all. I give my face a rest too. I make sure to take good care of my skin and keep it moisturized and hydrated because the more makeup I use, it is most likely for my skin to become dry and age easily. I'm not getting any younger but whenever I get compliments from people that I look younger than my actual age and that my makeup look good on me, I am absolutely flattered. Seriously? Who wouldn't be right? Looking younger doesn't have to cost a fortune but a lot of skin T.L.C. I have nothing against cosmetic surgery because anyone has the right to be beautiful but still, I'm proud that I haven't had any work done. I believe that beauty can be achieved by proper skin care and a healthy diet because whatever you put inside your body, it will show in your skin. I do love makeup and it can hide imperfections but there is no substitute for a healthy looking skin. 


No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...