Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Choose Happy

It's almost a month now since I quit my job and this whole vacation thing will soon be over. I think I have already rested enough and ready to go back work. Oh how I wish I could go on like this forever but some darn good things never last. I guess what I will miss most about Baguio is the cold weather since I'm from the south where I'm accustomed to the artificial cold coming from either an AC or electric fan which rarely used in households or business establishments here. 

Nothing compares to urban life if you're used to a life where everything move so quickly that's why I thought about escaping and considered living a simpler life here. But it was never easy. My family have a vacation home that's 30 minutes away from town and 40-45 minutes (30 btw for locals, is a very long travel time) away from where I work. Since my sister and I settled here 4 years ago we have moved from one apartment to the next and lived in each for less than a year until we found a better pad where we lived in for 2 years though it is still quite far from work but at least it's not as far as our vacation home and we have no choice anyway, the owner is a friend of our dad's. I know what to expect when I came here. I tried not to rant about the huge wage difference because that's part of the whole relocation thing even though the work load is the same I told myself it's not fair, not at all. Some people thought that the cost of living here is not as expensive but in my opinion, they should try to live and work here to know that. What I am earning here is never enough, I want more and there's nothing wrong with wanting more if you work your ass off all the time to suffice your needs and wants. I believe that things happen for a reason. I lived and work here not by chance. 

I guess I'm starting over again but hopefully I can do better. I'm off to a good start. I'm positive that something great awaits and I'm looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...