Thursday, August 23, 2007

Trip Down Memory Lane

I accompanied my mom and dad to Raon in Quiapo this morning where she bought a videoke machine. My mom is planning to convert her mini store in Baguio into a videoke bar while my brother is also starting his "lugawan (porridge) business." I didn't realize that installing wires inside a videoke machine will take 2 hours. We had lunch at around 1PM imagine how hungry I was since I had breakfast at 8AM. The original plan is that they will drive me to the apartment but mom had a sudden change of mind she decided to go to Raon. Of course I'm not able to say no since I haven't been there for long time, I miss my birth place sometimes. 

Quiapo look so different now. There are designated areas for vendors now unlike the last time I went there they are everywhere. It is a lot cleaner too. There are too many "rugby boys" around the church before but I don't see them there now. I'm talking about kids addicted to sniffing rugby who does that because they want to forget how miserable their life is. 

Quiapo brings back a lot of childhood memories. I will never forget that mom used to take my twin and I with her to a school supplies store somewhere in Quiapo to buy coloring books for us. We also hear mass every Sunday and eat out as a family. Quiapo will always have a special place in my Heart.

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...