Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Shopaholic


Christmas is just around the corner and I'm feeling excited but haven't started shopping for presents yet. I'm addicted to online shopping I pretty much buy everything online because I love the convenience right at the comfort of my own home plus going to the mall as the holiday gets close is such a pain, the crowd is unbearable especially during SALE season. Online shopping has it's own risks too so make sure to buy from legit sellers only. As a piece of advice coming from someone who've been shopping online for 10 years, make sure to always check for customer's feedback especially if you like to purchase from international sellers just like in eBay.



I was an active eBay shopper until I got tired of waiting for ages for my package to arrive. I like to shop in eBay because that's where I find real cheap imported goodies plus the shipping is free, however, I still pay a postage fee of Php100 per parcel once it arrived in the country. Talk about free shipping but not really.


I was never a victim of bogus sellers (thank God!) because I know how to spot them. I like to shop with ease so whenever I encounter sellers that are quite unresponsive, I will keep in mind not to purchase from them again in the future. I'm not very hard to please. I lover sellers who are very accommodating especially in answering inquiries and those who give updates. I appreciate it when I'm provided a tracking number so I can personally track my package. I know how it feels to buy and sell. I have sold gadgets online as well as managed an online shop in the past so I know how it feels to win the trust of a complete stranger. I had the best and the worse customer experience but the worse of the worse just happened recently through LAZADA so for those wanting to purchase from them, think thrice. You have been WARNED.


Lazada sucks
I downloaded the Lazada mobile app last month because when my niece bought an all in 1 printer months ago she said she got it cheaper and it arrived soon so I thought that I will not have any problem since they are a legit and reputable company. I ordered a MacBook Air 11 on the 20th of November and got an email order confirmation immediately that it will be verified anytime. The following day I got a call from a customer service rep to verify that I really ordered the item. I thought this is good, I like that they really take time to call unlike in eBay, an email notification is enough.


According to the order details that I will get the item between November 29 - December 1st but I did not hear from Lazada after December 1st so I shoot them an email and got a reply (yes, they reply fast. Well, at least) that it is still in process by the supplier and that I will get my item no later than December 8 so I uttered to myself "okay, I'll wait then" though I'm starting to have doubts already that there is something that they aren't telling me but I still trusted them, that's how patient I am when I know that it is beyond my control. I started reading blogs and found out that Lazada has a lot of complaints regarding items that are taking way too long to arrive but I just shrugged it off because I don't want any of these articles to kill the excitement that I'm feeling. I stayed positive that I will get my item before the 8th until on the 4th of December, I got another email saying that the item I ordered is OUT OF STOCK from their supplier from the time that I ordered it although it allowed me to check out from their website and that they couldn't find any other supplier that have that model available so they offered me a P200 voucher that I can use on my next purchase. BEAST MODE ON. I was like, you gotta be kidding me... I waited 2 weeks for nothing and you expect me to purchase again and use that voucher? Seriously??? I was totally DISAPPOINTED. Who wouldn't be? They wasted my time. For a first timer in Lazada, this is just UNACCEPTABLE. I replied back to let them know how frustrated I was with their crappy website and that I will NEVER order from them I again. How on earth are you able to order an item that is out of stock? Ridiculous right?!


MacBook Air rainbow case
On the same day that I got the bad news, I went Macbook shopping with my sister in SM Cyberzone unfortunately, it was out of stock too on both Apple distributors thank God one of the sales persons from one of the stores told me that they have a stock coming the next day so I reserved it immediately and paid for the reservation fee. I was ecstatic when I got my MacBook Air the following day but still haven't forgotten about the bad experience. I told myself that if I wasn't too lazy to go to the mall, I would've have saved myself from all the s***. Moving on and lesson learned, if you're looking to buy a gadget do not do it online. It's still best that you are able to see the product that you are buying so you are able to test if it is in good condition, this is one of the things that you're not able to do when buying online plus it's still best that if something goes wrong, you're able to take it back to the store where you bought it to have it checked. Currently, I am pleased with my Mac. I am a first-time Macbook user but I find it very easy to navigate, it's very straightforward compared to Windows. I just love my new baby so I got her/him/it a rainbow case (ordered one from Shopee) that comes with a black keyboard cover, it's super cute.


Unboxed my MacBook Air 11






I guess my new baby will keep me busy again since our senior dog Brandon, is all well again after suffering from diarrhea and dehydration and was on medication for 2 weeks but we still have to watch his diet and administer his vitamins religiously. As of Yumi the tiny dog, she's still positive for blood parasite so this will be her second month of medication. I hope that her next check-up will turn out good. 


No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...