Wednesday, May 20, 2015

RD Mode On

Summer is still on although the month of May is nearly over. I love spending my rest days enjoying this wonderful view plus the weather today is perfect to stay home and bathe my cat Atari. Summer is also the 'flea season' so twinnie and I make sure to give our cat a good bath at least once a week if possible, to somehow ease the discomfort. I don't get enough sleep everyday, I'm not sure if it's just the weather or it's just not normal to sleep while the sun is still up? My work shift starts on wee hours of the morning and ends at noon so imagine how painful it is for my eyes to stare at the sky without wearing sunnies. I'm not a vampire anymore since I'm no longer in the graveyard shift but I guess I'm still enduring its side effects! I'm not a morning person nor a night owl so I don't really know what works for me. What I love about the morning is that I can be like any normal human being. I can run errands after my shift and wander around the city. When I was in GY I can sleep really late. I can go to the marketplace early in the morning after my shift to buy fresh produce or take a morning jog. I make the most of my rest days at home by doing my nails, fixing my brows and eating healthy if possible. Am I being productive? Lol. What I like about my life here up north is that it's more laid back compared to my life in the south where everything moves pretty fast and there's no room for people to slow down or you'll get lost in the jungle city. I don't wrestle with traffic unless it's the tourist season in the summer capital of the Philippines! But for the most part, life here is chill as the weather. 

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...