Monday, May 11, 2015

LA Splash Lip Couture in Ghoulish (review)


I'm not a liquid lipstick fan at all because I don't like the feel of wet lips and I find it kinda hard to manage compared to matte. I've been following a lot of professional as well as self-taught MUAs (Make-up artists) like myself and there's a fuss going on about this new make-up brand called La Splash Cosmetics and their Lip Couture collection. 

What caught my fancy is 'Ghoulish.' I find this shade really interesting apart from the name which invites Halloween, I thought this lippie shade will go well with a dark, smokey eyeshadow or if you just want a nude-natural looking lips. 

I've been shopping online for 9 years and for the most part when it comes to makeup, I order directly from the brand's website unless the shipping fee is way more than the price of the product that I'm ordering then I shop for local sellers that sell it cheaper of course. I ordered my Ghoulish from a local Instagram shop given that I am an Instagram user. I bought this lippie for Php500 plus shipping fee. It was a Sunday and I got it Thursday which is not so not bad at all considering I am based up North. I got so, so excited I unpacked it immediately.

Sorry about the poor lighting

The bottle was pretty neat however, when I opened it I noticed that the lip applicator is covered with a thick amount of that liquid lipstick so if you're not careful at all you might end up spilling everything. I have a thing with smelling a lipstick before using it and this one smells like clay but almost odorless to me. 

In terms of quality, it was really liquid when you first apply it but it becomes matte afterwards. It dries out quickly so make sure to shape your lips and spread it evenly right away. I am impressed that it is really waterproof and smudge free, you can last a day without re-touching it after eating or drinking something hot (yay!). Since it is super matte, I suggest applying a little bit of lip balm before putting it on or as soon it dries out to avoid the dry feeling on your lips. You can use a nude lip liner to line your outer lips to make the color pop a little. 

To sum it up, La Splash Lip Couture in Ghoulish is a must try especially if you're into matte lipsticks and looking for a cheaper alternative of Limecrime's Cashmiere. That's pretty much it for now. I will post more makeup reviews soon so stay tuned! 


No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...