Thursday, January 07, 2010

Getting Back in Shape

It's a new year, no more excuses.


I started my grueling boxing workout in my quest to lose weight at the newly opened Elorde Boxing Gym here in Shaw. The original plan is for my twin sissy to keep me company but was able to convince her to work out eventually since she needed to lose weight as well. 

Our first few minutes started with warm up exercises to condition our muscles then sparring sessions followed. I thought I threw strong punches because my trainer whose name I can't remember anymore wants me to try harder. We took it inside the boxing ring to experience how it feels being like a real boxer. My trainer had to leave after a few minutes so my sister's trainer assisted the two of us instead. I nearly passed out while in the middle our sparring session I guess because I'm not used to working out yet. My biggest mistake is forgetting to bring water to keep me hydrated so I had to rest for a few minutes. For the last part of the routine we lay down on matresses to do some crunches. 

I had a great workout. I never pushed my body's limit this far before and I'm coming back tomorrow. I bought myself a pair of boxing gloves earlier but didn't find a handwrap yet it's out of stock everywere. 

This is just the beginning of my commitment to get back in shape again and nothing's gonna stop me now. 



No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...