Thursday, May 22, 2008

Way to Go David Cook

I had an appointment with the dentist earlier to finish the light cure treatment for the rest of my teeth, It still hurts a bit. I'm very patient when going to the dentist even if it's a pain to keep my mouth wide open for about an hour. 

I was watching American Idol this morning in Star World I didn't know that the show is live I think I missed half of it already but it will be aired again tonight so I'll make sure to watch it again even if I already knew that David Cook won. I thought David Archuleta's performance last night was better than David Cook but I've always wanted David Cook. to win and I'm glad that he did. 


My sister said few weeks ago that David Archuleta will win AI. I even want to make a bet for P500 that David Cook's gonna nail it but she refused maybe she have doubts hehe. 


I fell in love with David Archuleta's version of Ryan Gilmore's "In this Moment." David Cook's acoustic version of "The World I know" by the alternative rock band Collective Soul almost had the audience in tears, it was rather emotional. As expected, David Cook won by a landslide of 56% votes over 44% of Archuleta. 


The rest of the final 12 finalists had their share of the stage as well, the all sung George Michael's "Freedom." Jason Castro's really cute in his coat and tie. I thought I saw Paula Abdul cried over George Michael's song I'm not sure if it's tears of joy or sadness or just mixed emotions because Season 7 is over? Simon Cowell owe David Cook an apology for his comment last night that he should've sung "Billie Jean" or "Hello" instead of a new song during the third round because I think David Cook can sing whatever he wants. The "Singer's Choice" round is about personal choice after all. Simon apologized for being disrespectful to him to clear the air. David Cook applauded for David Archuleta, he's such a good sport and it's very sweet of David Cook to do that for him. David cried after he learned that he's the new American Idol.


Well done.





No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...