Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mission Accomplished

I can't wait to buy a Shemagh scarf (a.k.a. shmag, keffiyea, ghutra, yashmag, Arabian scarf, balabal for Pinoys, etc.) so I went to Quiapo church and scoured every corner but couldn't find one. I hope I have it already before my trip to Sagada because I plan to use it when I travel and I really like it a lot. I almost gave up I thought maybe I'll just buy pirated DVDs just to bring something home. 


I decided to go inside Quiapo church and ask help from the Black Nazarene to find the shemagh scarf I'm looking for. Believe it or not, my prayer was answered immediately because as soon as I went out of the church the lady in the corner of Carriedo Street approached me and asked what I was looking for so I told her that I 'm looking for a scarf. She asked one of her colleagues to accompany me to the stall that sells lots of colorful shemaghs. I had a hard time choosing the best one if only I can have them all. Prices vary according to the quality of the fabric. The thicker ones are more expensive so I picked the cheapest ones around Php180 and haggled for 150 but the sales lady closed the deal at 170. I did not complain anymore but was surprised that the change for my 1k is P420 which means that since I bought 4 shemaghs they gave it to me for P145 each, yay! I'm not really good in haggling but I guess the trick is to buy more so you pay less. Mission accomplished.


I head over to Victory Liner Bus terminal in Edsa to reserve Deluxe tickets for our trip to Baguio on Friday so the travel time will be shorter unfortunately, the Deluxe bus is already full, the only available time is for the 11:30PM trip so I thought I'll just reserve for the non-deluxe bus and just endure the 7 hour trip. 





No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...