Saturday, April 24, 2021

Pandemic Bayanihan

I’m just counting the days until my birthday and I’m kinda getting used to celebrating the holidays in pandemic including my birthday. Thank God I’m not into big celebrations and stuff, I prefer to celebrate in private and would not mind not having people around aside from family members. One of the many perks of being an introvert is not having the fear of missing out on anything, because what is it that I’m going to miss out in the outside world anyway? Since the pandemic started, I feel like we are living in a biohazard planet. It’s like the air we breathe in these days is not safe anymore, I’m not even sure if I can stop wearing a mask even after the pandemic ends. I don't think I'm being paranoid because it's better to be a germophobe than be too comfortable because the world we're living in has become way too dangerous. 


Community pantries sprouted like mushrooms all over the country


I hate being pessimistic but it happens all the time especially if what I see in the news every day is nothing but bad news. But looking at the bright side of it, I think the pandemic is not so bad after all, it also brings out the good in people. When some parts of the country was put on ECQ again, people have no choice but to stay home again just when things are slowly starting to somehow go back to normal. Getting aid from the government is a tedious process especially for those who need it the most. It is rather frustrating to see people go hungry and resort to doing bad things so they can feed their families. But those days are gone. When help started pouring in from private individuals, a lot more followed. A community pantry organized by Patricia Non went viral about a week ago which paved way for over a hundred more community pantries nationwide. Despite of red tagging issues, the pandemic bayanihan continues which only proves that nothing can stop the Filipino spirit from spreading positivity and goodwill because if we will not help each other, then who will? 




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...