Thursday, November 10, 2016

44 Days

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... (one of my favorite classic Christmas songs) oh well because it's only 44 days to go before Christmas! It's no surprise the weather is getting kinda chilly these days. I thought about having a "kris kringle" at home for the sake of my eight-year-old niece so she'll feel the Christmas spirit a little and have something to look forward to, you know how kids get excited over gifts right? I promised her a bicycle if she gets good grades and I hope she's working on it. 


I'm still not over with my makeup shopping I thought this is the best time of the year to pamper myself so I recently got myself a makeup palette from Victoria Secret called the Mega Makeup Kit. It's actually my first time to own such a huge makeup kit, it's pretty hefty because it comes with tons of eyeshadows, blush and lip gloss to choose from for different occasions. The packaging is really nice although it doesn't come with the original box and brushes anymore. An officemate who sold this to me said that his aunt never used it and that it was just a gift so I got it at a discounted price from Php1,900 ($38) to 1,200 ($24) which is not bad because the new one cost anywhere from $500 - $240 (Php24k-11k+) in Amazon.com and the cheapest offer is around $99 (Php4k+). I guess the leather case made it so expensive? I really don't know but I think it's way too costly for a makeup kit. I haven't tried using this yet I just tried a few swatches of the eyeshadows and lip gloss I'm hoping that the price is all worth it. A friend of mine once gave me a VS Ultimate Shadow Trio and to be honest I don't use it that much because I noticed that VS eyeshadows are not pigmented enough it's kinda loose even if I use a primer compared to less expensive brands but like what said I still have to give this a shot and it's a good addition to my makeup collection.  



Victoria Secret Mega Makeup Kit

106 must-haves for eyes, cheeks, and lips







Aside from this makeup kit I also bought a Kylie Lip Kit True Brown K from an officemate for only Php200. I know, it's way cheaper for a KLK which cost around Php1,400+ (about $29 on the website) so you know for sure that it's fake and it's unfortunately sold everywhere. Just like any liquid lipstick, this is super matte once it dries up but the thing is we really don't know what it's made of so this kinda bothers me a lot, the health hazards and all.


I still don't encourage buying fake stuff although the quality may be just as good as the authentic ones, I still suggest going for dupes instead







Kylie Lip Kit True Brown K


So how do you spot a fake KLK? Watch this video.




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...