Saturday, June 25, 2005

Scrambled Bains, Anyone?

I just wanted to share this weird recipe I'm not sure if I can even eat this it's kinda gross, I think. These are not my words from the writer on the link below. Here you go.


Scrambled Brains


When I was growing up I spent a lot of time at my grandparents' house. I remember that very often on Sunday mornings and occasionally for dinner, my grandmother would fix an appetizing dish consisting of scrambled eggs and calves brains. Now, this I was told is a delicacy, who made this so I can't imagine. I can remember that the brains were mixed into the eggs and were rather hard to distinguish, except for the paler color. While I suppose it wasn't horrible, for a child it was a rather traumatic experience being expected to eat this stuff. On the other hand, another regular dish at grandma's was something called blood sausage, which is indeed made of pigs blood, barley, and spices and when cooked is a black looking sausage. To this day it is one of my favorite things, but for some reason, it's very hard to find. Hmm.


What's cooking? My outrageous recipe of the month is Scrambled Brains taken from Gook Book 0. for more outrageous recipes visit www.lavamind.com/food.html



No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...