Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Lockdown Continues

It’s been almost 7 weeks since the Luzon lockdown and it still feels like it was just yesterday. Time flies quickly when you’re busy but what is left to do now that ECQ (enhanced community quarantine) is extended again?

I think being an introvert is a great advantage because I enjoy the company of my cat and dogs better than humans. I also enjoy working from home and managing my online business even if I’m not earning at the moment, at least I am safe at home with my family. I live simply and adjust quickly to change. I fully understand that if this lockdown continues for God knows how long, I have to deal with it just like everyone else. I don’t get bored with my daily routine even before the quarantine because I never run out of things to keep me busy. I enjoy learning new things like making Dalgona coffee or DIY-ing a scratchpad for my cat. I think boredom is just a state of mind especially if you are so fed up of the outside world. But it’s totally the opposite for extroverts, my dad for instance, is a perfect example. Since the quarantine started, he’s life turned upside down and feels like he is suffocating, like he’s being held a prisoner. People who are so used to socializing might need help coping with their mental state. My dad is a 70 something, he’s a senior so we have to do everything we can to keep him at home to protect him from the virus. No matter how hard we try, he still thinks that he’s going crazy if the situation will not improve. I’m pretty sure other extroverts share the same plight that is why a strong support system is key. We all need to stay sane these days, we have to look after our friends or loved ones in times like this whether they are beside us or in hospitals battling the unseen enemy. A dash of love and compassion goes a long way. There shouldn’t be any room for hate because it is much worse than the virus.




When all of this is over, things will be different for sure. Coronavirus might be here to stay though, whether we like it or not, and it is going to change how we all live. We can all go back but the normal life we’ve come to know is a world that is more cautious and even paranoid because we already know how it feels that something invisible can cause harm, even life. Let’s be grateful for the gift of life and cherish every bit of it.


Stay home, stay safe so those in the front line can get some rest and go home to their families. I know that our battle with Coronavirus is far from over in fact we’re just getting started but if people will come together and avoid being stubborn, we’ll get through this the soonest time possible.


So there.




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...