Friday, June 21, 2019

Thoughts on Home-Based Jobs // Donate a Book

Working from home

I've been quite busy with work lately I spend most of my day sleeping and working during wee hours of the morning. There are pros and cons of working from home of course but one thing is for sure, it is not for everyone. Let me start with (3) advantages of home-based jobs (for me), first off I like that I can work in my own phase. I can have coffee or restroom breaks anytime I want to. I have control of how I would like to make use of my time. Secondly, I don't have to deal with the hustle of commuting to and from work. If you live in a neighborhood where commuting is such a pain in the neck and it will take you forever to get a ride, then you'd rather stay home, less stress. Lastly, if you are an introvert like me, you don't have to worry about dealing with people you dislike. I would rather spend my time in front of the computer finding something to do than talk about the lives of other people, especially during idle time. It's so typical of a workplace setting really. Now for the cons, let me just reiterate that these are just base on my personal experience. I must say that home based jobs are not very stable and reliable for the most part. If you are expecting a fixed pay or get paid twice a month then, this is not for you. Most home-based jobs are good for extra income but do not expect it to be as good as full-time jobs unless of course, you are in the I.T. industry or a full-time Youtuber.  Home-based jobs, in my opinion, might work as on-the-side jobs. Also, you have to pay your government benefits voluntarily because they will not take care of it for you compared to on-site jobs wherein you just have to work, work, work and wait until you get paid. I guess what I just miss about working on-site are the paid leaves, holiday pay and HMO (medical benefits). Nevertheless, if you are willing to take the risk (like me) if you are really fed up of your daily work routine, then go for it for a change. 


Donate a Book

My niece's old books
I've been wanting to donate my niece's used schools books for the longest time. We've been keeping all her books from grade three so imagine how many bundles of books we already have since she is now an incoming grade six student. I am in dire need of disposing of her used books because it has taken so much space in our storage room when, lo and behold, my sister told me that she saw books being donated in SM Store. She asked me if I can research on how we can donate all the books that's when I learned about The SM Store's #ShareMovement: Donate-a-Book Project, which is the official umbrella campaign of the SM Store Corporate Social Responsibility chain. This joint project of The SM Store and SM Stationery will give its shoppers and customers the opportunity to share the joy of reading by donating used and new books to less fortunate children. Designated booths have been set up in all SM Store branches nationwide where customers can drop their donations. Every donation entitles a customer a P50 discount coupon which can be redeemed from the SM Stationery section for every minimum P500 single receipt purchase on regular-priced items at the SM Store. This program will run from May 20, 2019, until July 8, 2020, so coupons will be valid from the said dates only.

Donate-a-book coupons

No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...