Friday, August 21, 2009

Mall Scam + Holiday

Yesterday was the worst day of my life. I was late for work because I got lost in Valero. The cab got caught for doing a right turn on a one-way road, believe it or not, but there's police lurking in Makati on wee hours of the morning. 


After my shift in the afternoon, I went to CD-R King Starmall to buy blank discs and as soon as I got out of the store a lady in corporate attire hand me a coupon that says I have a free door/window entry alarm which is a piece of crap, by the way, because it doesn't work. It won't make a noise unless you leave the on button all the time.  The lady walked me through inside their store, had me sit on a massage chair and told me to wait while they encode the information they got from me like my address and phone number. Later on, they started selling me stuff that I don't have any interest at all like a digital stove, facial massage, etc. After a few more minutes they started acting like they got excited and told me that I won something. Eventually, they want my credit card information that I didn't care give out of course. I'm not stupid to fall for that crap. I thought these people are pathetic and desperate since they don't know the risk of what they are doing. After all their effort I refused the offer and left. I felt so bad I wasted my time maybe I'm just so tired that's why I didn't realize what I was getting myself into right away. My intuition already tells me not to come with that lady but I  got curious over the free stuff I guess. 




I reformatted my laptop it caught a virus again. I can't burn movies anymore and it's not a problem with my external HP dvd writer. 


I asked my elder sister to come over to buy jack a flea soap. Our poor dog's infested with fleas again I think he needs a real good bath. 


Before I forgot, today is a holiday. Our country commemorates on the death of Ninoy Aquino Sr. 


Today is also the finale of the Koreanovela Boys Over Flower. Oh, brother, I've got to watch that.




No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...