Saturday, February 18, 2017

Not so Jolli...Bee :(((

I haven't been watching a lot on TV lately that's why when these Valentine TVC (television commercial) series from Jollibee (one of the top fast food chains in the country) came out I was like "what the hell is going on???" Because everyone is talking about it on Facebook, Twitter, it's pretty much everywhere on the Internet I told myself I gotta see all three Jollibee TVCs or I'll be completely left out. 

Without further ado, lets watch Jollibee's Valentine TVC series first in case you haven't seen any of these yet.


"Date"


"Vow"


"Crush"


Now what? 

When I first saw "Date," (the first out of the three) I was hopeful that the dad will show up after his son because I was thinking that he has a bigger surprise but the ending came out totally unexpected it left me shattered and tearful. I was like, wtf?! It was a very sweet moment that for some reason ended tragically for me. Hello, William Shakespeare? or a date gone wrong it left a very heavy feeling to be honest. 

Here comes "Vow," the second among the three which was quite predictable for me although at the back of my head I was still thinking that maybe what I'm anticipating will not happen unfortunately, it did. The girl married somebody else and not his "bestfriend. Friend zone at its finest man! I told myself that maybe he courted her at one point just not shown on the tvc of course, but she turned him down that's why even if it was really difficult for him to accept that they're not meant for each other, he accepted his fate (sigh) with a heavy heart (I suppose). He's such a good friend but a real martyr I wanna strangle or slap him (I'm so affected, lol!). 

Last but not the least is "Crush." Thank God I last saw this one because it ended happily, yay! I like the 80s feel on this kinda like reminiscing the 1984 movie "Bagets." I didn't realize that the lead characters will end up together really, I thought it's another heartbreak and I wouldn't want to completely lose my wits so I better expect the worse. I guess it's best to not expect too much to avoid disappointments, teehee!   


To sum it up, Jollibee totally nailed it with their Valentine tvc series it was very, very effective. Thanks a whole LOT Jollibee for "toying" with our emotions it was a real good marketing strategy even foreigners who've seen these commercials are literally crying but left them curious at the same time some even mentioned about trying Jollibee's food when they visit the country. 

So what else to say but, thumbs up Jollibee. Well, what more can I say but love is can be bitter-sweet sometimes. IRL (in real life), there's no "perfect world."

#KwentongJollibee






No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...