Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Feb-Ibig

Hello February! Love is in the air again. Today is the first day of February 2017 and I still could not believe that the most awaited 65th Miss Universe hosted by our country after 23 years is finally over. I was in sophomore high school when Sushmita Sen won the title in 1994, would you believe it? Can time slow down a little bit, please? How I wish. 


I know, it's only been 2 days since the Miss Universe pageant so I will completely understand why everyone is still talking about what happened, the excitement, disappointment and all the mixed emotions during the recently concluded event. To be honest, I am proud and disappointed at the same time just like everyone else but let's just face it that things happen for a reason. It is nerve-wracking to be on stage, believe me, I know for sure because I use to sing and compete as a kid. It's not easy not to get nervous in front of a large crowd, more so when the whole world is watching you. You can't please everybody, people will judge you no matter what. It's funny how some people are quick to express their disappointments over social media that our country's bet, Maxene Medina should have answered in the vernacular so it's easier for her to express her thoughts but let's just put it this way, what if she really cannot think straight because she got nervous or experienced mental block perhaps? Will that change anything? I don't think she deserves all the bashing and stuff because with all fairness to this lady, she gave her all it's just maybe the Q and A portion is her weakness. We all have our own weaknesses as human beings, right? No matter how beautiful or perfect you think you are. So let's just move on and get this over with, shall we?


Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach passing the crown to
Miss France Iris Mittenaere. The 65th Miss Universe Pageant
was held last January 30, 2017, at the Mall of Asia, Philippines.


Miss Philippines was asked the question about what significant change she has seen in the last ten years. This was a tough question but let me try to answer it just for the heck of it:


"I believe that women empowerment is the significant change I have seen in the last ten years. Gone are the days when women have to stay at home and take care of the family. We've become more independent and assertive. I am proud to be a woman and proud of how far we've come."


If I joined Miss U and with this answer, will I make the cut??? Lol. Yeah, whatever hehe. That's all for now.



No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...