Sunday, November 20, 2022

Holiday Cheers

My most recent visit to the endocrinologist was a week ago, and things are going well so far. I wasn't surprised by the results of my blood test because I've been feeling great lately. I started taking thyroid medicine again, choosing the generic variety over the non-generic because I am not sensitive to it. I am thrilled that my symptoms of hyperthyroidism have so far disappeared. My doctor advised me to keep taking my medications and gave me a request for a blood test in case my symptoms returned. I can't believe how quickly my body responded to the meds, which led me to believe that if I had gone to the doctor sooner, I wouldn't have had to deal with all the muscle issues and all the additional anguish it brought. I really didn't like taking meds because of the side effects and everything, but due to my disease, I had no alternative.


It is understandable that many patients, regardless of how urgent their condition, could not afford treatment because healthcare is generally quite expensive. I hope that in the future, fear need not be felt over healthcare. I suppose I'm just fortunate that I received prompt treatment, for which I am thankful. I still think that the health of everyone should come first. One key insight I had was that, no matter how hard you work, if you don't take care of your health, your profits would ultimately be wasted. As they say, prevention is still preferable to cure. Visit a doctor as soon as possible if you sense that something is wrong.


I've finished all of my Christmas shopping, and the holidays are just around the corner. I shopped from the comfort of my house for gifts, decorations, etc. The traffic, the crowds, and not to mention the fact that COVID is still around make me despise waiting in lines at the mall, so I wouldn't. The best option for shopping is still online because it is less demanding.


2022 is quickly coming to an end, therefore I'd like to enjoy every day I have left of it.



No comments:

Back at It: A Long Overdue Update

It's been three months since I last sat down to write, and I've missed this more than I can express. Life has a way of throwing unex...